MBBS, BSc, MRCOG, FRANZCOG
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Advanced Endoscopic Surgery
Ben is highly experienced over a wide area of obstetrics and gynaecology.
As a Gynaecologist he has a keen interest in abnormal and heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, pain during sex, pelvic reconstructive surgery and urinary incontinence. He has treated many women with endometriosis. After removing their endometriosis, Ben has also looked after them throughout their subsequent pregnancy and in the postnatal period.
As an Obstetrician he is a firm believer in safety and the right of women to choose to try to birth their baby in the way that they want. He works closely with women, their partners and midwives to achieve the safest and least traumatic outcome for mother and baby.
Realising that not all abdominal and pelvic pain is gynaecological in origin, Ben also works with bowel specialists, dietitians, physiotherapists, osteopaths and psychologists to achieve the best outcome.
Ben graduated from the University of London in 1991. Pursuing a career in obstetrics and gynaecology, he moved to the South West of England after accepting a specialist training rotation.
Complementing his training programme, he researched heavy period flow and endometrial ablation, and set up an abnormal bleeding clinic at one of the hospitals in which he worked. He then undertook further training in urinary incontinence and prolapse/pelvic reconstructive surgery.
After completing his training he moved to Christchurch in 2008, accepting the post of Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Christchurch Women's Hospital. He works closely with many local GPs in improving the referral pathway to the department.
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Senior Clinical Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Otago
- Link clinician to the Chatham Islands
- Gynaecological surgeon to the Canterbury Charity Hospital
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG)
- Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
- Member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.