MBBS, BSc, MRCOG, FRANZCOG
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Advanced Endoscopic Surgery
Ben is a highly experienced gynaecologist.
As a Gynaecologist he has a keen interest in abnormal and heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, pain during sex, pelvic reconstructive surgery and urinary incontinence. He has treated many women with endometriosis. After removing their endometriosis, Ben has also looked after them throughout their subsequent pregnancy and in the postnatal period.
Realising that not all abdominal and pelvic pain is gynaecological in origin, Ben also works with bowel specialists, dietitians, physiotherapists, osteopaths and psychologists to achieve the best outcome.
Ben graduated from the University of London in 1991. Pursuing a career in obstetrics and gynaecology, he moved to the South West of England after accepting a specialist training rotation.
Complementing his training programme, he researched heavy period flow and endometrial ablation, and set up an abnormal bleeding clinic at one of the hospitals in which he worked. He then undertook further training in urinary incontinence and prolapse/pelvic reconstructive surgery.
- Senior Clinical Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Otago
- Gynaecological surgeon to the Canterbury Charity Hospital
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG)
- Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
- Member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.