MB, ChB, Dip. Obst, FRCOG, FRANZCOG
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Advanced Endoscopic Surgery
Janene is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, working as a senior consultant at Oxford Women's Health. She was previously a Senior Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Christchurch Women's Hospital.
She has a particular interest in laparoscopic surgery, laparoscopic total hysterectomy, endometriosis, prolapse surgery, hormone and fertility problems.
Janene undertook two years of training in advanced gynae laparoscopic surgery in 2006 as Oxford Women's Health second Ethicon Oxford Women's Health Laparoscopic Fellow.
After completing her fellowship, she began working at Oxford Women's Health. Janene has a keen interest in endometriosis; its involved mechanisms creating pain; and its multiple effects on fertility.
As a sideline, she has undertaken training in infertility, offering consultations for Genea Oxford. She has a focus on preserving a woman's fertility where diseases like endometriosis, fibroids and blocked fallopian tubes severely impact on a woman's life. Her approach is to simplify the complicated and difficult conversations.
- Director of Oxford Women's Health
- Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG)
- Member of Fertility New Zealand Executive Committee
- Member of Fertility Society of Australia (FSA)
- Member of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.