MBBS, Dip Obs, FRANZCOG
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Olivia has broad experience in women’s health care. Her approach focuses on the overall wellbeing of the individual and she is known for her sensitive approach and open communication.
She has undertaken post graduate training in minimal access surgery and is an advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgeon. She performs excision of endometriosis and laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Olivia has a special interest in colposcopy and the management of vulvo-vaginal disorders including abnormal smears, lichen sclerosus and pre-cancerous conditions. She has recently helped introduce new techniques for treating painful sexual intercourse to Oxford Women’s Health.
Originally from Yorkshire in the North of England, Olivia undertook her medical studies at University College London, graduating in 1998.
Her first visit to New Zealand was as a junior doctor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, working at Christchurch Women’s Hospital. She returned to London in 2003 to complete a research fellowship at Imperial College.
Olivia completed her postgraduate training through the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Advanced training was undertaken in the North Island and she returned to Christchurch with her family in 2014 to take up her specialist appointment at Oxford Women’s Health.
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Senior Clinical Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Otago
- Lead Specialist, Vulval Clinic, Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Credentials Board Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB)
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG)
- Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery Society (AGES)
- International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease (ISSVD)
- Australian Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP)
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.