MBBS, Dip Obs, FRANZCOG
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Olivia has broad experience in women's health care. Her approach focuses on the overall wellbeing of the individual and she is known for her sensitive approach and open communication.
She has undertaken advanced training in minimal access surgery and is a dexterous and capable laparoscopic (keyhole) surgeon.
She has an interest in all aspects of pain, both acute and chronic. She is currently undertaking a trial to reduce pain in women undergoing laparoscopic hysterectomy, as well as pursuing further studies in pain management through the University of Otago.
Olivia has a special interest in colposcopy and the management of vulvo-vaginal disorders including abnormal smears, lichen sclerosus and pre-cancerous conditions.
Having worked in Canterbury for more than 14 years, Olivia has a good working relationship with Christchurch midwives and finds the care of women during pregnancy and childbirth a particularly rewarding aspect of her job. Respecting parents' wishes and helping to provide a safe and reassuring environment for birth is of utmost importance to her.
Originally from Yorkshire in the North of England, Olivia undertook her medical studies at University College London, graduating in 1998.
Her first visit to New Zealand was as a junior doctor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, working at Christchurch Women's Hospital. She returned to London in 2003 to complete a research fellowship at Imperial College. During this time she also worked with Professor Allan MacLean at the Royal Free Hospital and developed an interest in vulval disease and lower genital tract pre cancers.
Olivia completed her postgraduate training through the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and was based in Christchurch. Advanced training was completed in the North Island and she returned to Christchurch with her family in 2014 to take up her specialist appointment at Oxford Women's Health.
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Senior Clinical Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Otago
- Lead Specialist, Vulval Clinic, Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Canterbury Hospital Medical Staff Association Executive
- Credentials Board Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB)
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG)
- Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery Society (AGES)
- International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease (ISSVD)
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.