BM, MRCPI, FRCOG, FRANZCOG
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Advanced Endoscopic Surgery
Richard adopts a holistic approach to health and is committed to the very best outcomes for his patients. He understands the importance of communication and takes the time to clearly and thoroughly explain all options to his patients.
It is important to Richard to give back to his profession. Through his two academic fellowships, he has successfully researched, published and presented widely. As an examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, he helps DHB trainees prepare for their professional exams. He has also worked at the Canterbury Charity Hospital.
Richard's areas of specialisation include hysteroscopic and advanced laparoscopic surgery; and investigating and treating endometriosis, menstrual problems and pelvic pain.
Originally from England, Richard graduated from Southampton University and undertook specialist training in Nottingham. He also spent time in Wellington as a Visiting Lecturer and in Sydney as a Visiting Scholar. Before joining Oxford Women's Health in 2002, Richard worked as a specialist in Basingstoke.
Married to Helen, Richard is a family man who enjoys a range of interests including running, cooking and cycling - fitted in between his sons' many activities!
- Examiner for Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- Director of Oxford Women's Health
- Director of Genea Oxford Women's Health
- Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG)
- Member of Fertility Society of Australia
- Member of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- Former member of New Zealand National Committee of RANZCOG
- Acted as an assessor for the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.