Deborah Bush QSM
Dip Tchg. LSB
Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Coach and Consultant
Deborah is the co-founder of Endometriosis New Zealand (ENZ). She has a global influence on health promotion and prevention of endometriosis and is recognised as having expert knowledge in her field.
Using her experience as a teacher, she developed the world's first Menstrual Health and Endometriosis adolescent education programme in schools in 1997 ('me'). A unique well-health model promoting early intervention and appropriate management, 'me' is profoundly influencing positive change and improved health outcomes for this age group.
Deborah is a popular, entertaining and motivational speaker. She has frequently presented at international academic conferences and as key note speaker and MC at many functions. She was described by judges at the Woman of the Year Awards in 2012 as "a pioneer, a visionary, a highly effective lay person in a specialised medical world, bringing relief from disability and pain to thousands".
Deborah has established and maintains:
- a national charitable non-government organisation, Endometriosis NZ
- health initiatives and ground-breaking programmes designed for schools, workplaces, hospitals and CME, and communities
- EPP Coaching and Consulting - her private practice for women and girls with endometriosis and pelvic pain. Sessions include education on the surgical and medical interventions a patient has had, lifestyle management (including nutrition specific to endometriosis and pain) and well-health coaching. The service integrates into multi-disciplinary clinics offering treatment expertise.
- Chief Executive of Endometriosis New Zealand
- Director of EPP Coaching and Consulting
- Ambassador of World Endometriosis Society, the only non-medic in the world
- Woman of the Year 2012 Health and Science
- Queen's Service Medal (QSM), Queen Elizabeth II Birthday Honours, 2003
- "Commonwealth Award for Excellence in Women's Health" to Endometriosis New Zealand under her leadership
- Paul Newman Award for Services to Women's Health, 2007
- "International Outstanding Service Award" commemorating the 100th Year Celebration of International Women's Day, 2011
- Zonta International "Woman of the Biennium Award" 2011-2013
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.