Deborah Bush MNZM QSM
Dip Tchg. LSB
Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Coach and Consultant
Deborah has had a global influence on the promotion and prevention of endometriosis worldwide. She developed the world’s first Menstrual Health and Endometriosis me™ programme for schools in 1997 which has significantly influenced early recognition of symptoms and timely intervention in adolescents in New Zealand. This has been endorsed by the World Endometriosis Society (WES) as the preferred education programme worldwide. She has developed innovative health initiatives and programmes for schools, workplaces, hospitals and Continuing Medical Education (CME). She was instrumental in developing a Task Force team with the New Zealand Government and is implementing new Clinical Pathways for endometriosis. Her private practice EPP Coaching and Consulting integrates into four treatment centres offering multi-disciplinary expertise in New Zealand. Gynaecologists and specialists at Oxford Women’s Health may refer patients to Deborah for an informative session to learn coping strategies and how to live well with endometriosis through education and life-style management.
Deborah presents frequently as key note speaker at international academic conferences and as MC at functions. Her many national and international awards reflect her achievements and contribution to the literature. Deborah was described as “a pioneer, a visionary, a highly effective lay person in a specialised medical world” by the New Zealand Woman of the Year judges.
- Co-founder and Chief Executive Endometriosis New Zealand
- Founder and Director of EPP (Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain) Coaching and Consulting
- World Endometriosis Society Board Trustee
- Principal of the World Endometriosis Organisation
Deborah's achievements are reflected in the following awards:
- Queen's Service Medal (QSM), Queen Elizabeth II Birthday Honours 2003
- "Commonwealth Award for Excellence in Women's Health" (Endometriosis New Zealand under her leadership)
- Paul Newman Award 2007
- International Oustnading Service Award 2011
- Zonta International Woman of the Biennium Award 2011-2013
- Woman of the Year - Health and Science 2012
- Woman of Influence finalist 2014
- New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM) Queen Elizabeth Honours 2017
03 379 0555
Please complete this form to request an appointment
We will confirm your appointment with you as soon as possible.